On certain AstonDB11 vehicles an electrostatic discharge (ESD), when combined with a damaged steering column control module clock spring and an insufficient grounding of the steering column upper, may lead to an inadvertent deployment of the driver airbag, which can increase the risk of injury and a crash. This instructions show how to install a contact bridge and a contact spring to the steering column. These components will remove the static charge from the steering wheel.To correct this problem you must install two grounding components to the steering column. This Workshop Procedure has two parts: [where applicable]
- Part A– Examine steering column
- Part B– Install steering column grounds
- If the steering column is Q01 or Q02,photograph the label and do Part B after PartA is complete.
- If the steering column is Q03 or higher, nomore work is necessary after Part A iscomplete.
- If the resistance is below 3 ohms go to step 7.
- If the resistance is above 3 ohms, make sure thecomponents installed in steps 3 thru 5 are installed correctly.
This Post: How to Install Steering Column Grounds for Aston Martin DB11 From ChinaOBD2 Official Blog
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Please keep this link if you copy the post!
2019 Latest Version CGDI AT-200 AT200 BMW ECU Programmer & ISN OBD2 Reader
How to Initialize Nissan TEANA Window and Sunroof Configuration
How to install: GM TECH2 TIS2000 VS VXDIAG Nano VS MDI
MDC179 Dongle M For The Key Pro M8 Auto Key Programmer
Diamond Logic® Builder Changing Programmable Parameters
WIFI327 WIFI USB OBD2 EOBD Scan Tool
OBD2 EXPERT OE581M CAN OBDII/EOBDII Code Reader Support all 1996 and Newer Cars ...
Original Autek IKey820 Key Programmer Universal Car OBD Key Programmer
2019 Latest Version OBDII Protocol Detector Car OBD Break Out Box Breakout Tool ...
Automatic V8/X6 Key Cutting Machine User Manual